Get Support for Sports Injuries with a Comprehensive Diagnosis and Treatment Service From our expert Team
A foot that does not function properly puts excessive strain on bones, ligaments and muscles, ultimately leading to pain and discomfort.
Podiatry First Sports has the ability to analyse the foot and leg and assess each client in standing, walking and running on a specialised computer system.
Podiatry First Sports is for everyone, young or old. We treat high mileage runners through to clients who have sustained injuries in day to day life.
What’s involved in Podiatry First’s sports injury treatment?
Podiatry First uses shockwave therapy — also known as acoustic wave therapy — to treat various sports injuries. Shockwave therapy uses soundwaves to encourage the body’s immune system and regenerative properties to heal damaged tissue and relieve stiff or aching muscles.
Our sports injury treatment service in Sydney is non-invasive and requires no anaesthetic, with each treatment taking around 20-30 minutes. Many of our patients describe the feeling as a ‘mild sensation’ and experience temporary soreness and inflammation after the treatment, which indicates that the body has begun its healing process.
The number of shockwave treatments you need will depend on the severity of your injury. Your shockwave specialist will create and inform you of a treatment plan at your appointment.
Other treatment types we may recommend include:
- Joint mobilisation therapy
- Supportive strapping and offloading
- Muscular strengthening, balancing and stretching
The benefits of using a sports injury treatment service in Sydney
Whether you’re an athlete or you take your training seriously, regularly receiving sports injury treatment in Sydney can provide a range of benefits, including:
- Faster healing — Rather than only taking time off from training when you’re injured, undergoing sports injury treatment can help your body recover faster, getting you back in the game.
- Reducing the risk of future injury — Rest and recovery play a big part in your training — some could argue it’s the most crucial part — as it reduces your risk of future injury or long-term damage.
- Improving your mobility — Stiff joints and muscles can make it difficult to move or conduct daily activities. Our treatments help the body lubricate the joints and promote a greater range of movement and flexibility, whether you’re out for a walk or weightlifting.
- Reducing pain — Once we begin your treatment plan, it won’t be long until your pain levels subside. This allows you to train more confidently.
What to look for in a sports injury treatment service in Sydney
Sports injuries of any kind need to be taken seriously from the get-go. That’s why finding a reputable sports injury treatment service in Sydney with relevant qualifications and experience is essential. Our team is fully qualified in sports podiatry, and every member is also a shockwave therapist.
Convenience is another factor, especially if you regularly have treatments. Podiatry First has three clinic locations in the Sydney CBD, Bondi Junction and Miranda.
Affordability may be another critical factor in your decision. If you are interested in seeking treatment with Podiatry First, contact (02) 9387 1545 to receive a fee estimate.
Why you should choose Podiatry First for sports injury treatment in Sydney
Podiatry First is one of the leading podiatry clinics in the Sydney area. We specialise in using shockwave technology to treat various sports injuries in the feet, legs, knee, hip and back. We also provide a range of other treatments, from wart removal to general podiatry treatment.
With convenient locations in Sydney, Bondi and Miranda and a highly experienced team, we can provide a thorough examination to identify the issue before beginning treatment. We also work alongside other health professionals, doctors and physiotherapists, giving you added peace of mind that you’re in the hands of the experts.